Sunday 7 February 2010

Burj Khalifa: Top of the World

Almost exactly a month ago, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai was officially inaugarated before a worldwide audience. This week I took the 60 second ride to the public viewing gallery "at the top" of Burj Khalifa and have thus now stepped foot in and seen the world from the highest man-made point in the world. (If one takes a service lift, there are still yet higher points, but I've made a piece of history, for me, at least.)

Burj Khalifa is quite a spectacular building, and yes, you feel your ears pop as you go up and down in the lifts.

In the next posting, InshAllah, I would like to share a few pictures that I have taken and some official photographs from various sources. However, today we look back at January's opening ceremony including the firework display and the amazing dancing Dubai Fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...